- Salary: €65,000 - €70,000
- Location: IrelandLeinsterKildare
- Contact: Cian Kavanagh
- Mobile: +353852631153
- Email: email@example.com
Our client, an award winning leader in fit-out and interiors, is recruiting for a Site Manager to join the project team for a project in Co. Kildare. Our client has been providing high quality spaces to fast moving and evolving markets such as the commercial, technology, financial services, hospitality, education, and manufacturing sectors for over 40 years.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Deliver Projects in accordance with Safety First Guiding Principles.
- Ensuring adequate supervision is in place on all contracts under his/ her control.
- Ensure site specific induction training is carried out for all personnel under Ardmac control.
- The development of or ensuring the development of safe systems of work utilising generic risk assessments to develop task specific assessments.
- Ensuring adequate supervision is in place on all contracts under their control.
- Chair sub-contract co-ordination meetings on a regular basis that are documented in minute’s format and distributed to relevant personnel.
- Ensure there is adequate control of materials, plant and equipment to prevent loss by damage, waste, theft or unnecessary hire charges.
- Ensure supervision have clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure his / her duties and those under his / her control identified in the allocation of contract and production responsibilities are completed.
- Ensuring all works installed as per correct issue of drawings and that works are inspected to ensure compliance to specification.
- Ensuring environmental management plans are developed and implemented for all sites under his / her control.
- Ensuring works are monitored and inspected on sites on a regular basis to ensure compliance with the contract and any variations.
- Ensure adequate Site establishment, welfare facilities and ongoing professional appearances of sites are maintained.
- Highlight any variations between the contract/ tender drawings and drawings issued for construction to our Quantity Surveyor.
- Ensure we have an instruction prior to carrying out any variations.
- Ensure the requisition of materials in a timely manner to avoid contract delays or increased cost.
- Ensure meticulous control for the allocation of labour, that Daily Timesheets / Daywork sheets are completed in accordance with procedure.
- Maintain excellent working relationship with Client/ Project team throughout the contract.
- Carrying all day to day activities in a professional manner in line with our companies systems and procedures.
- Ensure direct and sub-contract labour is managed in line with company policies and procedures. Ensure help or advice is promptly obtained from the HR team.
- Address under performance of staff/ operatives through the HR department.
Ability and knowledge of:
- Knowledge of design procurement
- Knowledge of construction methods and best practice, technologies and materials.
- Measurement and Valuation
- Knowledge and projection of contractual position, contracts and document.
- Knowledge and understanding of claims and L&E
- Ability to manage more than one project
- Knowledge & understanding of subcontract/ material procurement
- Knowledge of Management Systems