We are currently recruiting a Project Manager for our client who is a well established building contractor in Dublin.
They specialise in predominantly commercial developments with project values in the region of €10m-€40m. The successful candidate will have 10+ yrs experience within a similar type role within the built environment. This is a permanent position with a generous remuneration package on offer for the right individual. The initial project is a large hotel development in Smithfield.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise form details issued or from situations as they arise on site.
- Keeping the project team informed on all relevant aspects of technical & engineering issues that arise on the project
- Ensuring that contractors on site execute works as per their method statement.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications
- Assisting with the selection and requisition of materials and plant
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client/architect
- Liaising with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines
- Overseeing quality control, health and safety matters on site
- Initiating the procurement process & reporting changes to the project.
- Preparing of Method Statements and the and Project Schedule and maintain those during the course of the project
- Chair regular internal meetings when required.
- Comply with Health & Safety obligations,
- Assisting with Site Inductions, induction register.
- Ensure all operatives operating on site have been fully inducted and complete their works within the site rules.