We are currently aiding our client, a well established engineering company, in the recruitment of a Construction Manager. The company in question have experience in delivering significant projects all over the country and are looking to expand their team in Dublin. Previous experience on data centres and industrial projects is desired but not essential. This is a full time permanent position.
- Ensure that all project safety requirements are met and adhered to.
- Define the CSA objectives (in terms of safety, scope schedule, site management, quality, sub-contractor change control, logistics and site co-ordination) within the project scope and communicate those aims to the relevant sub-contact teams and within the M+W onsite team.
- To be the main point of contact for CSA subcontractor site management and be involved with the CSA subcontractor selection and procurement process.
- To be involved with the project decision making process,
- To help and support other team members and fully engage in co-ordination exercises.
- Work closely with the design team
- To be able to conclude a project to the Client’s satisfaction including snagging, commissioning, validation and room readiness
- To be familiar with and fulfil all the requirements of the Company procedures
- Take responsibility for the Set up the site cabins and welfare requirements, ensure water/power/IT/waste services are connected and the site area is kept clean and tidy and to a standard expected of an
- Contribution to the generation of, and knowledge of the agreed scope of work document for each CSA package.and of all the Project Construction Project Execution Plans (CPEP’s) with particular emphasis on the Construction Management CPEP, Logistics CPEP, Project Programming CPEP and Quality CPEP.
- To ensure all Requests for Information and Technical submittals issued by the Sub-contracting team on the CSA packages are followed up on
- To understand and contribute fully to the implementation of Last Planner® methodology onsite.
- To keep accurate records and ensure the team also provide detailed accounts of site activities. This includes maintenance of a detailed daily diary that records the execution works of in all area under progress – against the individual activities on the schedule. Recording progress in the diary includes reference to marked up drawings and the daily recording of spent manhours on a per building/level/area/sub-con/Activity ID basis.
- General working knowledge of both the Form of Head Contract and Sub-Contract being operated for the project and CSA Packages respectively. To full understand the correct procedures that comply with the contracts for change control, project reporting, defects liability and all other relevant aspects that a CM should be cognisant of in order to ensure contract compliance at all stages of the contract.
- To be aware of all the project risks, associated impacts and the necessary mitigations to those risks that M+W must manage. To contribute to the project risk log and actively work to close and mitigate all risk but in particular CSA associated risks. The CSA CM is a fundamental owner of project risk and this must be reflected in his/her approach to the role.
- BSc in Construction Management/Engineering (civil/struct) – Preferred but not essential
- Minimum of 10 years of general construction experience – CM role held previously must include management of minimum €10m of scope on a single project.
- Use all recording tools and data to keep an accurate position of the project programme.
- All information required for Client and other meetings to be available for review in advance of meetings.
- Full driving license