Our client, a well established main contractor with projects across Ireland, are looking to add a Site Engineer to their team to cover projects in the Midlands. The company in question has vast experience in commercial, healthcare and residential projects, with projects usually between €5m – €40m value. The role would suit any engineer with 2+ years experience. The initial project is a housing development in Meath. This is a permanent role, with an excellent company who value career progression.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related discipline is essential
- 2+ years previous experience is required
- Knowledgeable and confident in dealing with clients and other project teams
- Excellent programming and reporting skills
- Management of the safety, program, temp works, quality and budget on the site
- Highly computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience on schools, healthcare, commercial or residential projects would be advantageous but not essential