About the role:
Our client, a leading main contractor with projects nationwide, is looking to add a Site Engineer to their team in the Waterford The contractor is an expert in the delivery of residential and commercial projects all over the country. This role is permanent and would suit an engineer who is looking for progression in their career.
- Supervising Junior Engineers in setting out, leveling and surveying the site.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related discipline is essential
- 5+ years previous experience is required
- Knowledgeable and confident in dealing with clients and other project teams
- Excellent programming and reporting skills
- Management of the safety, program, temp works, quality and budget on the site
- Highly computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience on commercial or residential projects would be advantageous but not essential