Our client, an Irish owned main contractor with projects across Ireland and the UK, are looking to add an Intermediate Site Engineer to their team in Belfast. The company in question has vast experience in commercial, industrial and residential projects, with projects usually between €10m – €120m in value. The role would suit any engineer with 3+ years experience. The initial project is a large commercial development. This is a permanent role, with an excellent company who value career progression.
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Degree in Engineering/Construction related discipline is essential
- 3+ years previous experience is required
- RC Frame project experience beneficial
- Knowledgeable and confident in dealing with clients and other project teams
- Excellent programming and reporting skills
- Management of the safety, program, temp works, quality and budget on the site
- Highly computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience on healthcare, commercial or residential projects would be advantageous but not essential