We are currently recruiting a Setting Out Engineer on a permanent basis for our client in Dublin. The company in question is a large main contractor who have a history of delivering RC frame projects. They request that any applicants have previous experience working on such projects. Initially candidates will be based in the west of the city with further developments in the greater Dublin area planned. The setting out engineer must have 2-3 years main contracting experience and the position is permanent.
- The candidate must be comfortable using setting out equipment
- A degree in a construction or civil engineering related subject is essential
- Determine and procure resources and assign responsibilities for roles and tasks necessary for the satisfactory completion of the works as a Foreman.
- Maintain and comply with systems for managing site health and safety and welfare – Ensure the inspection, preparation and maintenance of the site in a satisfactory condition for the safe execution of the works
- Motivate and arrange for effective productivity and economic use of labour, plant and subcontract resources and achievement of required quality within any environmental constraints
- In conjunction with the engineering staff, determine methods or working and programme of works
- Maintain on-site administrative systems to ensure integrated management systems are adhered to
- Ensure the provision of information on methods and programmes to enable the completion of the works
- Monitor and record works where required.