About the role:
We are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Site Engineer to be based in the Kildare area. The company are a growing main contractor in Ireland with projects nationwide. The successful candidate will be working on a social housing project. This senior engineer must have experience in a main contracting engineering role on residential, commercial or industrial projects.
Key role requirements and responsibilities
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Liaise with design team as necessary.
- Supervision and mentoring of Setting Out Engineers.
- Co-ordinate, direct and manage sub-contractors and suppliers as required by the project programme.
- Application of engineering principles in the preparation of calculations/drawings/sketches and resolution of engineering challenges within specific knowledge areas.
- Competent in the use of instruments for purposes of setting out and gathering information
- Consolidate a reputation for innovative engineering, technical expertise and professionalism.
- Implementing engineering systems, documentation and controls by compliance with Health & Safety legislation, Company and industry standards
- Have in-depth knowledge and understanding of various engineering disciplines including planning, QS, QA/QC, materials, plant and equipment, sub structure, superstructure, and temporary works.
- To promote forward thinking and strive for engineering excellence.
- Degree in Engineering or a related discipline is essential
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience setting out on a large construction site
- Main contracting construction experience is essential
- Experience of working within a Quality Management System is preferred
- Excellent attention to detail regarding required construction documentation, procedures and adherence to current building and civils regulations.