We’re recruiting a Senior Engineer / Quality Engineer for a construction company in Dundalk, Co. Louth.
They will be required to manage all site engineering works, and will be responsible for the progression and completion of the same in conjunction with Engineering and Site Management teams. Ideally he/she will be skilful in the management of large scale structures and projects to include piling, steel/ concrete frames, precast elements, formwork frames and curtain walling. The role will involve the management of all engineering procurement to include the ordering of concrete and site bulk materials.
he candidate will possess excellent people management and communication skills coupled with the ability to effectively drive the project programme and subcontractor schedules. A proven track record will be essential to this role with proven success on large scale projects.
- Research and advise on the best engineering solution to meet with a Client’s needs and budget;
- Overseeing the keeping of the concrete cube register and other relevant quality checks by the Junior Engineer;
- Managing the sub-contractors and personnel on site in order to drive project through to successful completion on time and within budget, finished to the highest standards. This includes keeping a daily site diary with required information recorded and where all manpower levels for each Sub-Contractor are recorded;
- Facilitating the flow of information between the Design Team and the Construction Team;
- Attending weekly management team meetings for Bennett Construction
- Maintaining, tracking and scheduling the daily and weekly work programmes and reviewing weekly progress reports from the master construction programme
- Assisting with the control of plant and equipment on site
- Organise the delivery of materials, plant and equipment needed for the construction project and supervise labour
- Prepare engineering calculations where required for the design of projects and supervise the drafting
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- 5-7 Years proven experience at Senior Level
- Consistent Employment History Displaying Proven Track Record is a must
- Previous Experience on large scale mixed development projects
- Ability to effectively manage site programme and associated schedules to required deadlines
- Excellent Record Keeping skills coupled with the ability to effectively deal with design issues
- Thorough knowledge of computer and database applications such as Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project/Powerproject etc.
- Excellent People Management skills