We are currently recruiting for the position of Junior Site Engineer to be based in Roscommon. The company are a growing main contractor in Ireland with projects nationwide. The successful candidate will be working on a social Housing project. This engineer will ideally have experience in a main contracting engineering role on residential, commercial or industrial projects.
- Assisting in the management and organisation of the day to day running of the site
- Setting out, levelling and surveying the site. Checking sub contactors works i.e. levels, line & level, etc. (or supervision of same)
- Checking plans and drawings to ensure all calculations are accurate.
- Making sure the work performed and materials used are as specified in the contract
- Liaising with subcontractors, clients and other professional staff.
- Records such as the activities of the day, materials received, inspections performed, weather conditions, visitors, instructions received, etc.
- Helping to maintain health & safety and quality control measures on the site.
- Assisting with site inductions, induction register, method statement registers, etc
- Document control and daily logs
- Degree in a construction/engineering related discipline
- 1+ year of engineering experience
- Applicants must be familiar with the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Flexible, motivated and used to working independently to tight programme deadlines