- Salary: €DOE
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Contact: James Hickey
- Mobile: +353851865273
- Email: email@example.com
About the Role
Our client, one of Ireland’s leading construction firms, is looking for a Project QS to join their team on a project in South Dublin, delivering a +300 apartment unit block, as part of a high profile Residential and Retail community development. This is full-time opportunity will be site based for the duration of this project and is an excellent opportunity for any project surveyor to see a €90m project through from start to completion.
Why Join this Company
Over the past decade, our client have been recognized as one of Ireland’s fastest growing main contactors and are known for their award winning projects across multiple sectors. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious firm.
- Liaising and reporting to the Project Director and the Contracts Manager.
- Liaising with the Design Team to ensure requirements and specifications are met.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Ensure variations to contract are priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity
- Reviewing tender enquiries and tender analysis for projects.
- Negotiating new projects with price premiums which are cost effective.
- Subcontract purchasing and monitoring of packages on site.
- Sub-contractor re-measurement, interim and final account payments.
- Compiling the variation log and signing off on variations with Project Quantity Surveyor
- Final account preparations.
- Cost monitoring and reporting while attending all monthly cost reporting meetings.
- Cash flow forecasting for projects and issuing monthly reports to accounts.
- Mentor Junior Quantity Surveyors to encourage performance
- Pursue professional development.
- 3rd level qualifications in Quantity Surveying or related construction discipline
- 5 + years’ post graduate QS experience
- Proven track record in dealing with Subcontractors and Clients in relation to Valuations, Variations, final accounts and cost reporting
- Demonstrates excellent budgetary responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with emphasis on ability to provide and explain reports accurately