We have an excellent opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join our client’s team in Mayo. They are a leading main contractor who have built a strong reputation and growing business throughout the country. The successful candidate will have experience within the residential sector. Previous experience in delivering projects valued at between €10m – €100m would be very beneficial. The role is permanent and the company is flexible with salary in order to attract the highest quality of candidate. The successful candidate will join their team on a Housiing scheme project and a primary care centre and will spend 3 days in the office and 3 days on site.
- Maximise profitability of projects
- Measurement and valuation of work executed
- Responsibility for all financial and contractual issues arising during the course of his/her contract
- Identify legitimate contractual claim situations and prepare suitable and sufficient documentation to clients
- Internal cost comparisons and cost projections
- Analysis of cost over-run and other implications
- The ability to take on the responsibility of numerous projects at once
- Assist management in the commercial control of projects
- Ability to work well with others in this growing team
- Ensure variations to contract are priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity
- Manage and maintain a contract cost reporting system
- Pursue professional development.
- Provide assistance to Junior & Intermediate commercial staff where necessary
- Work closely with Contracts Managers & Directors
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- 3-5 years surveying experience
- Familiar with current forms of contracts
- Diligent and capable of working in an independent capacity
- Candidate must have their own transport.