Our client, a well established main contractor in the South-east of Ireland are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their progressive team in the Waterford area. This position will suit an individual who is self motivated and has experience within the built environment. Ideally the candidate will be seeking a long-term opportunity.
- The ability to take on the responsibility of numerous projects at once
- Assist management in the commercial control of projects
- Ability to work well with others in this growing team
- Ensure variations to contract are priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity
- Manage and maintain a contract cost reporting system
- Pursue professional development.
Experience and attributes required:
- Minimum of 3 years experience on residential or commecial projects
- Degree educated in a related construction commercial discipline
- Proven track record of depth of experience of projects in the built environment
- Sound working knowledge of the various forms of Conditions of Contract
- Working knowledge of labour costs, employment legislation and working rule agreements in Ireland