Our Client, a market leading civil engineering contractor, are looking to add a Civils QS for a large civils infrastructural project. The Quantity Surveyor will oversee the relevant business unit needs and handle daily business issues. They will be constantly communicating and negotiating with clients & business associates and be required to utilise their knowledge to verify, monitor and approve commercial agreements and documentation to ensure the successful delivery of the project. This is a permanent position with excellent career progression.
- Maintaining good relations with clients and their representatives.
- Representing the Company’s interest at meetings held relating to the work under their control.
- Supporting Regional Directors to perform commercial/contractual duties as necessary.
- Liaising with other departments to provide information to improve the service provided and received by the Commercial / Financial Departments.
- Preparation of monthly, interim and final valuations, applications for payment, reconciliations of valuations and costs, and certification of amounts for contract, sub-contractors, specialists and suppliers.
- Providing the necessary information to enable an accurate and regular review of cash flow and position on contracts to be maintained.
- Recovery of all monies to which the Company is entitled in return for all work undertaken.
- Providing support, guidance, training and mentorship to develop the commercial team.
- Advise senior management of all issues which may have an impact on the performance of the Company, whether commercial, operational or otherwise.
- Ensure understanding and adherence to all contract obligations by stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed projected financial outcomes and valuation / cost reconciliations for contract control meetings.
- Liaise with other departments to provide controls to operate during progress of contracts.
- Prepare, submit and agree interim and final valuations with client representatives
- A relevant degree in Quantity Surveying/Engineering (or similar field)
- A member of the relevant Professional Institution. (Desirable)
- Over 4 years experience working on Civils projects
- Excellent communication skills
QS | Quantity Surveyor | Civils | Rail | DublinAPPLY FOR THIS JOB