We are assisting our client in their recruitment of a Project Quantity Surveyor in Cork on a full time basis. Our client delivers construction services throughout the Ireland in the residential, health, educational and commercial sectors.This is a permanent position and affords the successful candidate long-term career progression opportunities in a company that is expanding to meet the growing demand of the current market.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of projects in the region.
- The role will look after post tender and pre-contract activities and assist with identifying and preparing commercial targets for the projects.
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of subcontractors, attending planning meetings, documentation and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop & project valuations & progress reports
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Educated to Honours Degree level (minimum) in Quantity Surveying
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will prove essential to your success in this role