Our client, a well established main contractor, are seeking to add a Project QS to their ever expanding team in Westmeath. The company has recently secured a number of notable projects in the region and are looking to grow their commercial team. Collaborating with the country’s leading project managers, and architectural, engineering and quantity surveying practices, they have worked on a wide range of undertakings.This is a full time permanent position.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of construction projects in the Dublin region.
- The role will look after post tender and pre-contract activities and assist with identifying and preparing commercial targets for the projects.
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of subcontractors, attending planning meetings, documentation and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop & project valuations & progress reports
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Educated to Honours Degree level (minimum) in Quantity Surveying
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will prove essential to your success in this role