An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Project QS in the suburbs of Dublin. Our client is a leading main contractor and they are actively recruiting a Project QS to join their Dublin. As part of the commercial team, you will be involved in commercial, residential and healthcare projects. This is a permanent position and affords the successful candidate long-term career progression opportunities in a dynamic team of motivated people.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of projects.
- The role will look after post tender and pre-contract activities and assist with identifying and preparing commercial targets for the projects.
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of subcontractors, attending planning meetings, documentation and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop & project valuations & progress reports
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Educated to Honors Degree level (minimum) in Quantity Surveying
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will prove essential to your success in this role