Our client a Tier 1 main contractor with projects nationwide, is currently seeking a Project QS to join their team in Galway. They have recently secured some notable developments and are growing their commercial team to meet demand. The initial project is a large social housing development.
This Project Quantity Surveyor position will suit an individual who has experience in a main contracting role within the buit environment. Ideally the candidate will be seeking a long-term opportunity as this company prides themselves on staff retention. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on some interesting projects with a genuine opportunity for career progression. The successful candidate will be confident in dealing with clients and other contractors and an excellent communicator.
- On-Site valuations and progress reports
- Monthly cost/value reports and management accounts
- Liaising with project managers in the project team
- Handling contract variations
- Mentoring a team of Junior surveyors
- Show interest in career progression
- A relevant Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in a construction related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal