Our client, a well known, leading main contractor, are seeking to add a Project QS to their ever expanding team in Galway. The company has recently secured a number of notable projects in the region, and are looking to grow their commercial team. Ideally the candidate will have 3+ years experience. They usually undertake projects with a value of between €10m – €100m. This is a permanent position.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of projects in the Cork region.
- The role will look after post tender and pre-contract activities and assist with identifying and preparing commercial targets for the projects.
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of subcontractors, attending planning meetings, documentation and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop & project valuations & progress reports
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Educated to Honours Degree level (minimum) in Quantity Surveying
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
- Excellent client facing and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will prove essential to your success in this role