Our client, a modern and innovative civil engineering solutions specialist are seeking to add a Program Planner to their team in Mayo. The company have grown rapidly into one of Ireland’s most highly regarded water conservation providers. They focus on developing innovative solutions and we offer a wealth of expertise and professionalism to their clients and partners both private and public.The overall role objective of the Program Planner/Scheduler is to ensure that projects are completed within set deadlines, on budget and in line with all the relevant safety standards and regulations. This is a full time permanent position.
- Assist in the program planning, analysis and development activities.
- Resolve program performance issues and develop recovery plans.
- Understand program requirements and develop program plan to meet milestones.
- Prepare project programmes in line with works requirements
- Responsible for master schedule for the project and specific detailed schedules to include timetable and progress of construction.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Prepare week look ahead programmes with ‘what if’ scenarios and critical path analysis.
- Measurement of contract works and reporting actual progress of work vs planned.
- Ensure the programme effect of all change orders is identified as required.
- Attend meetings with the Project Team to discuss progress made and any issues that arise over the course of the project.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
- Role is dynamic and not limited to the tasks listed.
- Construction related qualification
- Microsoft project qualification plus full pro-efficiency in the software.
- Excellent computer skills – experience Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project would be a distinct advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a similar role within the construction industry.
- Experience working as a civil engineering planner would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.