We are recruiting a Managing Quantity Surveyor for a Tier 1 main contractor in the Dublin area. They have recently secured a large scale development in the Dublin city centre and are growing their commercial team in line with company expansion. This position will suit an individual who has experience in a main contracting role within the built environment. Ideally the candidate will be seeking a long-term opportunity as this project is due for completion in 2020.
This initial project would be a €130m office redevelopment project in Dublin 2. This will involve the retention and refurbishment of a protected structure and the construction of a seven storey office block.
- Responsible for the operation of the Project cost management systems for the project (COINS)
- Work closely with the Commercial Director for the project at all stages of the project development.
- Will organise and manage the procurement of domestic sub-contracts, suppliers, reviewing and approving RFA
- Ensure the QS team wholly understand their packages, fully measured, studied, and subcontracts are watertight insofar as possible.
- Assist line management in the commercial control of projects
- Ensure the development and mentoring for junior team members
- Ensure variations to contract are priced and agreed at the earliest opportunity
- Manage and maintain a contract cost reporting system
- Pursue professional development
- Educated to Degree level (minimum) in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- 8+ years quantity surveying experience
- Experience working on large building projects