We currently have an opening for a Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join a Top Tier Main Contractor in Dublin. The company in question are a leading construction company with operations all over the country and they have multiple projects commencing in the coming months within the essential construction sectors. The successful candidate will be seeking a career opportunity with a progressive and ambitious employer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare contract documents
- Working closely with and reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor
- Estimate materials, time and labour costs for the project
- Negotiate and analyse costs for tenders and contracts
- Coordinate work effort
- Manage Risk, Value and Cost Control
- Allocate work to Sub-Contractors
- Analyse potential and actual outcomes, producing detailed progress reports
- Value the finished product and arrange payments
- Implement Health and Safety Regulations
- Liaising with the team to ensure requirements and specifications are met
- Support in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value.
- Prepare monthly interim valuations and ensure approval and certification of interim valuations internally and by CMT.
- Responsible for procuring sub-contracts and agreeing final accounts.
- Degree or qualification in quantity surveying or construction economics
- Assist the senior quantity surveyor when liaising with internal stakeholders and client’s representatives while on site including attendance at meetings
- Strong time management skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the construction industry and working on site
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland.
- Critical thinking
- Financial and numeracy skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Detailed knowledge of the legal building regulations and requirements