Our client, a well known main contractor, are seeking to add a Estimator to their ever expanding team in Dublin. The company has recently secured a number of notable projects in the region and are looking to grow their team.This is a permanent full-time position with excellent prospects for career progression.
- The Project Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the commercial and contractual performance of construction projects in the Dublin region.
- The role will look after post tender and pre-contract activities and assist with identifying and preparing commercial targets for the projects.
- Looking after the sourcing and appointment of subcontractors, attending planning meetings, documentation and schedules, dealing with applications, variation schedules, measurement, accounting and payments schedules and all contractual correspondence through to final accounts.
- Develop & project valuations & progress reports
- Maintain and control project profitability through high standard cost reporting
- Handle contract variations, cost/value reports and management accounts
- Evolve procurement standards and procedure
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying;
- Ideally 5-7 years’ post third level experience;
- Good understanding of Public Works Contracts and NEC;
- Experience in buildings and/or civils;
- Strong IT skills using Excel, Build soft, BIM and PowerPoint;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Excellent communication, written, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Organised and good presentation of work; and
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines and budgets.