Due to continued growth, we are recruiting an experienced Estimator for a leading building contractor in Galway. The company has delivered projects across a range of different sectors including commercial, residential, healthcare & residential.
This person will have prior experience with a main contractor on residential and commercial projects.
- Appraising tender documents and preparing estimates as necessary
- Maintaining good relationships with sub-contractors and suppliers
- Investigate and price Value Engineering cost savings where applicable.
- To attend client presentations and providing information to clients in a professional manner.
- Being the point of contact with clients including raising & answering queries etc.
- Communicate effectively at all times with both clients and internal companies / departments
- Attend and takes notes of any meetings relevant to the project
- Ensuring accurate tracking of all tender documentation
- Researching and understanding current market prices for subcontractors and materials
- Preparing budget estimates and cost plans
- Measuring and pricing accurate complete cost plans
- Carry out reasonable additional duties as and when required
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all
- 5+ years experience in estimating of design & build contracts
- Residential and commercial projects experience is essential