Our client, a mid sized main contractor, is looking to add a Bid Writer to their team in Galway. This role involves supporting the pre-contract team in preparing & administrating pre-tender & tender proposals for works across Ireland. The ideal candidate should have a keen attention to detail and ideally have some experience either in house or on site in a construction related discipline. The position is permanent and may suit a site engineer / manager who has an interest in getting involved in pre-construction management.
- Assisting Pre-contract team with Tender Bids
- Liaising with Contracts Managers and Planners for correlation of the bid
- Assisting with Public procurement of Tenders
- Prepare / write / review the pre-tender & tender submissions
- Assist with the management of the quality, environmental and health and safety systems.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably in the construction sector
- 3rd level qualification in construction related discipline
- Good knowledge of the construction process
- Strong IT skills with a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Extensive experience of working on large documents / publications with large volumes of information
- Knowledge of MS Project an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent presentation & formatting skills
- Ability to edit documentation for accuracy, grammar etc
- Ability to work to tight deadlines essential