We are currently assisting a large multidisciplinary contractor in their recruitment of a Senior Planner to be based in Limerick. The company in question is a well established contractor who has previous experience delivering projects ranging from €5m – €20m. This position would suit an individual with a degree in either civil engineering, construction management or related discipline. The successful candidate would have to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills due to the seniority of the role. This is a permanent position and salary is negotiable in order to attract the highest quality applicants.
- Provide a full suite of integrated and coordinated design, procurement and construction programs for the project
- Ensure that all programs meet the requirements of and are compliant with the contract, the PP and the overall target design, procurement and construction program.
- Ensure that all programs reflect the developed scope of work agreed by the project team.
- Provide feedback on the effects of change, variations or delays including forecasting and communicating the effects of such changes
- Coordinate with site management in relation to planning requirements
- Prepare progress reports based on base line programme and critical path and any required rescheduling
- Experience working with a main contractor on large scale civils and infrastructure projects
- Ability to work on tenders, as well as live projects
- Have knowledge of the planning requirements of different forms of construction contracts
- Have an understanding of modern building techniques, plant & equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
- Have an appreciation of the impact of cost in the compilation of a programme and development of a construction solution.
- 5+ years experience
- Previous experience in a similar role with a Main Contractor or previous experience working on buildings projects would be very advantageous
- Experience in MS Project or Primavera is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and people management skills