We are currently assisting a well established main contractor in their recruitment of a Senior Planner to be based in Galway. The company in question have experience in delivering projects all over the country. This is a permanent position and the ideal candidate will have experience working in the built experience
- Provide a full suite of integrated and coordinated design, procurement and construction programs for the project
- Ensure that all programs meet the requirements of and are compliant with the contract, the PP and the overall target design, procurement and construction program.
- Ensure that all programs reflect the developed scope of work agreed by the project team.
- Provide feedback on the effects of change, variations or delays including forecasting and communicating the effects of such changes
- Coordinate with site management in relation to planning requirements
- Prepare progress reports based on base line programme and critical path and any required rescheduling
- Experience working with a main contractor on large scale civils and infrastructure projects
- Ability to work on tenders, as well as live projects
- Have knowledge of the planning requirements of different forms of construction contracts
- Have an understanding of modern building techniques, plant & equipment and an appreciation of logistical needs/issues.
- Have an appreciation of the impact of cost in the compilation of a programme and development of a construction solution.
- 5+ years experience
- Previous experience in a similar role with a Main Contractor or previous experience working on buildings projects would be very advantageous
- Experience in MS Project or Primavera is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and people management skills