A well-established main contractor requires a Construction Planner to work on a significant development in North Dublin. As the Project Planner you will provide planning management and support to both the pre-contract and contract operations for the business and coordinate with bid and construction teams to manage and control the scheduling and programming aspects of bid proposals and projects in progress. The company in question is a highly regarded main contractor who has previous experience delivering projects ranging from €100m – €700m. This position would suit an individual with a degree in either civil engineering, construction management or related discipline. The successful applicant will report to a Senior Planner.
- Provide a full suite of integrated and coordinated design, procurement and construction programs for the project
- Ensure that all programs meet the requirements of and are compliant with the contract, the PP and the overall target design, procurement and construction program.
- Ensure that all programs reflect the developed scope of work agreed by the project team.
- Provide feedback on the effects of change, variations or delays including forecasting and communicating the effects of such changes
- Include the implementation of recovery programs and planned mitigation measures.
- Coordinate with site management in relation to planning requirements.
- Prepare progress reports based on base line programme and critical path and any required rescheduling
- Maintain records and as-built programme
- Assist with the development of logistic plans
- Assist with the development of method statements
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience
- Previous experience in a similar role with a Main Contractor would be very advantageous
- Experience in MS Project or Primavera is desirable
- Excellent communication, presentation and people management skills