Our Client, is on the lookout for a Senior Quality & Environmental Advisor to join their team in Castlebar Co. Mayo. This is an excellent opportunity for career-driven individuals to grow and develop within one of Ireland’s fastest growing engineering companies. They will offer an attractive package plus additional company benefits to the successful candidate. Work from Home is an option couple days each week.
- Manage a robust Quality and Environmental Management System.
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of KPI’s, policies, procedures and systems pertaining to Quality & Environmental systems.
- Develop relationships across the group with your colleagues so that company policies and requirements can be implemented into the day-to-day business.
- Ensure consistency of quality and environmental standards across the company.
- Maintain and improve on the company’s ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications and identify any additional systems that would be of benefit to the company.
- Manage a programme of continuous improvement initiatives that delivers on Quality and organizational objectives, on time, accurate and complete and with ability to work in a structured, methodical and controlled manner.
- Carry out site visits and inspection reports relating to the environmental and quality performance of the company.
- Liaise and effectively communicate with government and regulatory bodies (EPA, County Councils etc), to ensure good working relations and continued compliance and reporting.
- Submit reports and feedback for senior management meetings.
- Provide feedback and input for the submission of tenders when required.
- Document control for environmental topics related to on-going projects (waste, invasive species, etc).
- Preparing Q&E tender submissions for the tender department.
- At least 4/5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Experience in data analysis, with knowledge of Lean / quality systems, understanding of specifications, data and defect analysis, variance reduction.
- Working knowledge of ISO and environmental regulations and legislation.
- Knowledge of Lean and continuous improvement methodology and application of same.
- Strong evidence of delivering results in Quality and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven ability to manage teams and work on and cross-functional projects.
- Hands-on, able to work in detail and also take a strategic overview.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training when needed.
- Confident at challenging the status quo, both influencing and challenging decisions.
- Ability to work to deadlines with good prioritisation, planning and organisational skills.
If this role is of interest please get in touch.APPLY FOR THIS JOB