Our client, a Leading Main Contractor are looking to a Health and Safety Officer to their team in the Cork region. The Health & Safety Officer is responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with company policy and relevant statutory provisions. This is a permanent position and this company have advised there is a pathway for training and career progression.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for main contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications,
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
- Professional qualification in a health & safety discipline
- 2+ years’ experience in construction industry is essential
- Built environment experience is preferred
- Excellent communication, leadership & presentation skills.
Health and Safety Officer | H&S | Health and Safety Coordinator | CorkAPPLY FOR THIS JOB