We currently have an exciting Health and Safety Officer role with a leading mechanical contractor. The role will be based in the Cork area, on a prestigious pharmaceutical and industrial projects. This position has long-term potential and advancement opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual seeking fast progression to management level as the company continues to grow.
- Establish a working relationship, promoting and advising on H&S issues with the Client, Project Team and Contractors
- Ensure incident reporting & investigation is carried out effectively and immediately to determine root cause and provide recommendations/directions aimed at preventing re-occurrence.
- Carry out periodic inspections of the project to ensure compliance and where applicable make recommendations for change.
- Assist with the review of contractor’s Method Statements & similar submissions
- Educated to Degree level in H&S subject or NEBOSH Certificate as a minimum
- Ideally 3+ years relevant experience working on industrial projects
- Operational Health and Safety experience e.g. Provide risk assessments, method statements, onsite training, inductions etc
- Knowledge of construction techniques & methodology