We’re currently recruiting a Health & Safety Officer to join a leading Civil engineering contractor in Dublin The company specialises in works ranging from €5m – €200m and are located throughout Ireland. The Health & Safety Officer is responsible for advising on overall compliance in accordance with company policy and relevant statutory provisions. This is a permanent position and this company have advised there is a pathway for training and career progression.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees or contractors working on site;
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required
- Serving as representative as site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for main contractor and Sub-Contractors personnel
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications,
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Professional qualification in a health & safety discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in construction industry is essential
- Civil engineering environment experience is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication, leadership & presentation skills.