Our client, a well regarded main contractor is currently seeking a Health & Safety Manager to join their team in Waterford. The company in question has a vast experience in delivering construction projects around the country and has developed a reputation as a leading multidisciplinary contractor in engineering. This is a permanent position and an opportunity to work on the delivery of many significant projects.
- Conduct H&S audits
- Report to Contracts Managers and Project Managers on the performance of site management teams in their implementation of the SMS and Physical Conditions on site following H&S audits and inspections.
- Develop, communicate and maintain corporate HSE standards, policies, rules, procedures and programs
- Promote safe working practices and advise, support and monitor the implementation of the company H&S policies, procedures and management systems at a project level with the project teams.
- Advise, support and mentor project based HSE staff in their duties.
- Provide technical health & safety advice on a variety of site issues including but not limited to machine guarding, lockout tagout, hot work, confined space, fall protection, PPE, cranes and lifting devices, forklifts, industrial hygiene, noise, contractor management, fire protection, first aid, emergency response, etc
- Drive results at lower complexity and cost.
- Experience in coaching and building rapport with site personnel to solve problems, implement continuous improvement, and follow up on audit action plans, serious incident investigations, incident rates and severity rates
- Provide guidance and coaching to assist sites to continually improve injury statistics to reach a goal of zero injury
- Lead the implementation of the Beyond Zero behaviour based safety program and systems on sites.
- Qualification in OSH with a minimum of 10 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Lead Auditor qualification.
- Extensive knowledge of health, safety and training requirements in the construction industry.
- Extensive knowledge of statutory safety requirements and laws in the construction industry.
- Contacts and maintains contact easily with people of varying levels, changes personal conduct to a situation, if necessary, in order to create a positive atmosphere, solve conflicts and achieve goals.
- Chartered Membership of IOSH
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills