About the role:
Our client is a well established main contractor with a great reputation within the industry both in the UK & Ireland. They are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic Health & Safety Manager with sound knowledge of safety, health & environmental legislation, and current construction practices.
The successful candidate will visit various sites and integrate with the delivery teams to provide help and advice to all construction operations (Building, Civil Engineering & Interior Fit-Out). This is a significant role within the Company as they continue to ensure ongoing compliance with current H&S and Environmental legislation.
The HSE Manager must have experience on main stream construction projects in Ireland.
- Third level education in Health & Safety or related discipline is essential
- Advise management & staff on safety, health & environmental matters
- Conduct site health, safety & environmental audits and assist with any rectifications needed
- Investigate accidents and incidents
- Assist with developing and/or delivering relevant training programmes
- Review, draft and deliver (where relevant) induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings
- Review company and subcontractors paperwork for improvements and compliance
- Prepare information for regular departmental bulletins
- Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos
- Assist in the preparation of Construction Phase and Environmental Management Plans
- Assist in the preparation of site Health & Safety and Environmental packs
- Assist with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions if required
- Assist with applications for waste exemptions and registration of sites if required
- Be instrumental in encouraging reporting of safety observations
- Lead by example
They are a well renowned Tier 1 main contractor with operations across Ireland and the UK. They work on large building and civil engineering projects ranging from €20m – €140m.APPLY FOR THIS JOB