Our client, a market leading building main contractor, is looking to add a Health and Safety Officer for projects in Limerick. The company specialises in utilities & water projects. The Health & Safety Manager is responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with company policy and relevant statutory provisions. This is a permanent position and it must be noted that the successful applicant will be expected to do some travelling to different sites on occasion.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
- Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programs for new employees or contractors working on site;
- Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required
- Serving as representative as Site meetings;
- Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for main contractor and Sub-Contractors personnell
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
- Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
- Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications,
- Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Relevant 3rd level degree
- With 3+ years’ experience in civils & utilities industry essential
- Excellent communication, leadership & presentation skills.