- Salary: €60,000 - €75,000 DOE
- Location: IrelandLeinsterDublin
- Contact: James Hickey
- Mobile: +353851865273
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client, a top tier Main Contractor, are currently in the lookout for an EHS Manager to join their team in Dublin. The company in question are well established and have operations all over the country. This is a full time permanent position and the successful candidates will come from a similar main contractor background.
Responsibilities will include:
- Positively and actively drive towards an embedded HS&E culture taking an approach that creates a continually improving focus on preventative actions, reduction of injuries, and the promotion of health and environmentally friendly operations.
- Communicate effectively, translating HS&E compliance standards using modern software to direct the business presented in the form of procedures, bulletin material, verbal support, mentoring, and coaching.
The development and implementation of HS&E strategy and processes to expand value-added opportunities in the application and maintenance of accredited standards.
- Preparing safety reports for the business unit and the Group Board reports
- Root cause analysis of accidents and preventing re occurrence
- Liaising with key stakeholders in both the business unit and the wider group
- Integrating the group policies into the business
- Compliance monitoring and auditing and planning of strategy and delivery of cultural and behavioural change
- Perform site audits and implement new procedures
- Update Organisation’s Safety Statement in compliance with current regulatory requirements
- Remain abreast new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Authority (HSA) legislation.
- Act as a company representative during outside Agency Audits/Inspections with regards to Health and Safety
- Formal qualification in Health & Safety – 3rd Level is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years Health and Safety experience – ideally within a main/specialist contractor
- Previous experience in ISO , OHSAS 18001 accredited environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with ability to build effective relationships at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the construction industry and project execution.
- Computer literate and familiar with MS office, project, (or similar scheduling package)
- Good knowledge of safety management and quality management.
- Ability to lead with confidence, mentor and motivates staff under them.