Our client, a main contractor, is currently looking to hire a Health and Safety Advisor to join their team in Waterford.. The company in question have experience in development projects all over the country. The successful candidate will work closely with the HSEQ team on various projects in the South East. This is a full time permanent position.
- To proactively promote safety culture throughout the company
- Develop, monitor and implement the organisations Health and Safety policy
- Maintaining the company’s Safe T Cert and ISO management systems
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation to reduce & prevent hazards, dangers and accidents.
- Increase Health and Safety awareness to management and employees with training techniques and coaching sessions including toolbox talks
- Identifying areas of risk
- Compiling and managing training records
- HSEQ Inductions
- Carrying out weekly safety inspection audits on site and preparing paperwork
- 3rd level qualification in Construction or Health & Safety
- Flexible with the travel requirements
- Experience in health & safety on construction sites (3-4 + years’ experience)
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and targets
- A full Driving License