We currently have an opening for a Graduate Health & Safety Officer to join a Top Tier Main Contractor in Dublin City. The company in question are a leading construction company with operations all over the country and they have multiple projects commencing in the coming months within the essential construction sectors. The successful candidate will be seeking a career opportunity with a progressive and ambitious employer.
- Support EHS Manager in development of H&S procedures, policies and program
- Assist Senior Safety Officer in advising and instruction on various safety-related matters on site
- Assist Senior Safety Officer in carrying out risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Inspect work areas and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment).
- Observe installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc. for the implementation of the H&S requirements perspective.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy and promote Safety Culture.
- Assist the EHS team in recording and investigate incidents to determine causes
- Assist in preparation of reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to EHS manager
- Identify hazards / risks throughout the site on a daily basis using the Safety Officer’s Daily Checklist
- Make arrangement for rectifying issues identified through consultation with the Sr. Safety Officer
- Consult with EHS manager / Sr Safety Officers for all significant H&S issues
- Implement the company’s health, safety and environmental policy, procedures and management systems.
- Maintain and manage health & safety KPIs to help drive improvement in all health & safety matters
- Relevant Health & Safety Qualification – OSH or IOSH Certification
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Health & Safety role on construction/civils projects
- Ability to work on large scale, high headcount construction sites & sub-contractors essential.
- Should possess a sound understanding of Health and Safety legislation
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to use time productively, maximize efficiency and meet challenging work goals
- Beneficial, but not essential – IOSH membership, Safe Pass, Work at Height, Full driving license
- Must have fluent English and be eligible to work in Ireland