We are currently recruiting a Contracts Manager for a mid-sized construction company in Galway. This person will be responsible for the successful delivery of numerous high profile projects in the Connacht region. This main contractor has experienced strong, steady growth recently and the successful candidate will be expected to slot seamlessly into a hard working and dedicated team of professionals.
The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen and be capable of winning new work for the organisation with the support of a Contracts Director.
- Business development with both public and private realms
- Coordinating and managing project and site managers throughout the region
- Successful delivery of projects
- The recruitment of project teams
- The organisation and implementation of work programmes
- Reporting to board level
- Ensuring that the highest levels of H&S, Quality and Environmental standards are met
- Ideally educated to degree level – not essential
- A minimum of 10+ years relevant senior project management experience.
- Held a similar Contracts Manager or Senior Projects Manager role
- Very commercially aware
- Experienced in the appointment of sub-contractors, ensuring their adherence to quality and programme.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation.
- Computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming and analysis tools