About the role:
Due to an increase in projects in recent months, our client is currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor (Fitout) to join their team. The company, a leading main contractor, which vary in projects from €5 million – €500 million. This is an excellent opportunity to join a tightly knit staff in an ever growing construction company, who pride themselves on their quality and service.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Analyse blue prints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
- Preparation of monthly valuations, including the evaluation of variations for inclusion in the progress claim
- Preparation and submission of all company invoicing
- Monitoring and reporting to Managing Director on the financial progression of projects.
- Liaise closely with MD to ensure all variations are identified at an early stage and costs submitted to the client for approval..
- Control cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures.
- A relevant Undergraduate or Postgraduate Degree in Quantity Surveyor or equivalent
- 3 – 6 years experience
- Strong communication skills essential
- Excellent IT skills
- Interest in a long-term role