Our client are an international and multi-disciplinary engineering consulting firm with operations throughout Ireland.
They are currently recruiting a Structural Design Engineer as they continue to expand their operations in the West.
The work will involve a variety of projects, principally in the design of structures for commercial, logistics, industrial, retail, healthcare and educational developments.
- Responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of the projects.
- Liaison with architects, statutory authorities, the design team and contractors
- Prepare risk assessments, health & safety plans
- Check concept and technical correctness of work prepared by staff reporting to you
- Develop new Client relationships and manage established Client relationships
- Attend Project Manager meetings
- Develop the skills of staff reporting to you by mentoring, delegating and training.
- Degree in a related discipline
- 3+ years design office experience
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with structural design software such as CADS, SCIA, Fastrack, STRAP, TEDDS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills