Our client, a multidisciplinary international consulting practice, are currently recruiting a Senior Structural Engineer as they continue to expand their operations in the Dublin area. As the Senior Structural Engineer reporting directly to the Structural Director, you will be responsible for taking the lead on the design of a range of projects. You will be involved in managing the structural team, and will be interfacing with clients and attending meetings. You will interact with the overseas offices, and will be aiming to progress to Associate level within this international consultancy.
- Detailed design &analysis of structural elements and frames in concrete, steel, timber and masonry
- Liaison with architects, statutory authorities, the design team and contractors
- Manage workload with minimal supervision, show strong team management and communication skills and oversee works of more junior engineers when necessary
- Ensure compliance with the Management System, carrying out work using the appropriate systems
- Ensure compliance with site health and safety procedures and those of any third party.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience
- Degree educated in a related engineering discipline
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Structural Engineers (or equivalent) is required
- Experience and knowledge of Structural Design Software, AutoCad, Microsoft Office applications desirable
- Previous experience undertaking the design of complex structures where you will need to show strong problem solving skills, experience with design and analysis packages and have the ability to read and interpret technical reports, solve problems and make recommendations when necessary
- Motivated and driven individual who is capable of working in a team environment and will have excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative while fully coordinating with line managers’ requirements