Our client are currently seeking a Junior Design Engineer to join their team in North Dublin. This is a full time permanent position. The company in question are a leading consultancy specialising in Water and Flood Management projects all over the country The ideal candidate should hold a minimum Level 8 Honours Degree Qualification in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 1 year experience. The candidate will be working from home for the foreseeable future with occasional site visits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and review of preliminary designs and reports using a variety of computer packages and subsequent preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications. Knowledge of AutoCAD 2D will be a basic requirement.
- Preparation of Preliminary and Contract Drawings using a range of packages such as AutoCAD 2D/3D, MX Roads, ArcGIS, Key Signs/KeyPost, LinSig Traffic Modelling.
- Procurement of Site Investigation and Civil Engineering Works
- Administration of the construction contracts to ensure that design requirements, project schedules, and project budgets are achieved.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Excellent written and verbal (English) communication.
- AutoCAD 2D will be a basic requirement with a capacity to upskill in AutoCAD 3D through mentoring with experienced Design Engineers.
- Capacity to develop skills in the use of Building Information Modelling (such as AutoDesk REVIT), Microsoft Access and GIS software such as ArcGIS and MapInfo although not essential would be an advantage.
- Experience with software packages such as Microsoft Project and MicroDrainage or other similar design packages would be an advantage.