Our client, are currently seeking a Graduate Civil Design Engineer to join their Cork team. The candidate will be responsible for delivering technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the infrastructure associated projects.
- You will be expected to work closely with other team members and your senior supervisor.
- Experienced in the design of roads and drainage and will be responsible for the production of design information, technical reports, drawings, tender documents and specifications.
- Effective time management and execution of work within defined timeline and budgetary constraints
- Application of appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
- Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required
- Be familiar with design standards eg. Sewers for Adoption, Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads & Bridges and BSEN Standards.
- Should the candidate be working towards chartered status, the company shall work with them to achieve this goal and develop an all-round engineer.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Degree education
- 1 year’s experience in a similar role is preferable
- Experience in bridge design is advantageous