We’re currently recruiting an experienced Design Manager to join our client in their office in Co. Meath. They are a growing carpentry & joinery company, servicing all sectors of the construction industry nationwide. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with joinery experience, looking to progress in their career with an established company. The successful candidate must have exclusively worked in a joinery setting and applications that do not reflect this will not be deemed acceptable.
- The job would involve organising and managing structural design, temporary works, connection details, acting as a go between, between our client and the drawing office.
- Reading and interpreting drawings on a daily basis
- Design interpretation, creation of monitoring and shop drawings, detailed cuttings lists and CAD CAM drawings
- The job would also involve feasibility studies on different types of buildings, assessing and organizing projects from design to practical completion.
- Knowledge of all power / hand tools – understand machining wood – understand lacquering / spraying wood / finishing
- Assisting with costing for product design, manufacture, delivery and install
- Design drawings for out-sourced specialist parts and components, to ensure accurate integration
- Ensuring regulatory compliance in details and specifications
- 5-8 years’ experience in manufacturing and or/furniture sector in a production management capacity is essential.
- Joinery experience essential
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Solidworks or other design software
- Possess good communication skills and be able to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to convert clients drawings into suitable drawings for production
- Experience of making bespoke kitchens/reception desks/ doors essential