- Salary: Negotiable (SBOE)
- Location: KildareIreland
- Contact: Cathal Kirwan
- Mobile: +353 (0)87 214 3202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Client, One of Irelands leading contractors is on the lookout for a Design Engineer to join their team in Kildare. The main purposes of the role will be to provide technical knowledge, expertise and management to support the activities of the steel business unit.
- Based in our Newbridge office, you will be responsible for providing a wide range of structural engineering services and management support for the steel fabrication business unit. You will be expected to work independently, although under the direction, and with the support of the Contracts Manager
- You will be working with a busy and multi-disciplined organisation that offer connection design support, build and install a wide range of steel structure applications for the Industrial and Commercial industry sectors.
- Their projects vary from medium sized bespoke applications and additions, through to full scale build and the installation with an indicative value of between €250,000 – €1m.
- The position is for a Structural Design Engineer to create solutions using 3D CAD Modelling Tools, Hand Calcs and Project Engineering abilities and to ensure a project can be realistically delivered on time, to scope and cost within the pre-agreed lead time of the order.
- The ideal applicant will have experience using structural design and analysis software packages such as Tekla Structural Designer or equivalent. AutoCAD skills and a general familiarity with 3D modelling software such as Tekla Structures / Advance Steel or equivalent would also be preferential. The ability to produce hand calculations and apply logical engineering judgement is also necessary along with an aptitude for solving problems. Experience within steelwork design is essential and applicants must also be familiar with the current codes of practice for steelwork design and manufacture.
- This is a great opportunity to be part of a fast growing and expanding business unit that support an equally growing fast growing industry sector.
- Working with the steel fabrication unit in delivering all projects safely, on time and within budget.
- Evaluate project information, review all documentation, understand project brief and identify deliverables/success factors.
- Prepare and oversee preliminary and detailed design documents, engineering specifications and perform calculations in support of steel fabrication activities.
- Ensure deadlines are met by considering priority and time for production and liaising with fabricators during the manufacturing process to ensure drawings are completely adhered to.
- Co-ordination and scheduling the work with the Steel Fabrication Workshop to ensure project delivery.
- Review supplier technical information to ensure compliance with Project requirements
- Support business development activities within the structural steel team.
- Develop and maintain communications with key decision makers within the Company client base for the process of identifying engineering opportunities for company development.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience in AutoCAD, TEKLA Structures, StruCad and full suite of MS packages
- Excellent attention to detail with efficient time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality.
- All roles are expected to have the relevant competency skills cards – Valid Safe Pass & Manual Handling