About the role:
Our client, a leading main contractor who work on major infrastructure projects across Ireland and the UK, are looking to add an experienced Civil Design Engineer to their team in Galway. The initial project will be based around the design of potable water treatment systems so any potential applicant must have previous experience in this area. This is a permanent role and will suit a diligent candidate with a strong work ethic, capable of working on own initiative.
- Working closely with the design manager to deliver design works across Ireland and the UK for public and private sector clients.
- Perform preliminary and detailed design of water / wastewater treatment plants based on given data; achieving contract specified goals.
- Research and development of new process solutions.
- Actively mentoring, training and providing guidance to staff within the engineering process and wider group project.
- Application of appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes to achieve contract objectives.
- Developing and adopting standards in design to streamline engineering tasks.
- Assisting the commercial/estimating team members in developing CAPEX and OPEX models.
- Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts as required
- Developing PFDs (Process Flow Diagrams) and P&IDs (Process & instrumentation Drawings)
- Developing process mass balance, hydraulic, energy, mechanical calculations as part of the detailed design.
- Undertaking the role of PSDP, ensuring Health & Safety, Ethical and Quality requirements, both legislative and company specific, are fully respected and taken account of.
- Effective time management and execution of work within defined timeline and budgetary constraints
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in water / wastewater process design.
- Chartered status a benefit.
- Proven track record in delivering technical designs including process, civil, mechanical and electrical/ICA elements.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, mentoring and delegating duties to personnel under your supervision.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and 2D/3D CAD software.
- Strong Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective time management and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills.
- Good understanding of quality, environmental and safety management systems.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory aspects within the water and waste water industry.