About the role:
Our client, a well established engineering consultancy, are currently seeking a Structural Engineer to join their team in Galway. The candidate will be responsible for delivering technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the associated projects. The successful candidate must have extensive site development experience.
- Responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of the projects.
- Liaison with architects, statutory authorities, the design team and contractors
- Prepare risk assessments, health & safety plans
- Check concept and technical correctness of work prepared by staff reporting to you
- Develop new Client relationships and manage established Client relationships
- Attend Project Manager meetings
- Develop the skills of staff reporting to you by mentoring, delegating and training.
- Degree educated Engineer
- 2-3 years experience
- Design/consultancy experience is essential
- Water/wastewater experience desirable but not essential
- Standard software design experience ie microdrainage, Autodesk Civils 3D
- Excellent communication skills: this is a client facing role so applicant must have experience in a similar role.