Our Client , One of Irelands top contractors is on the lookout for a Site Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be involved in the management of installation of Steelwork projects. The role will be based in the Dublin Region with travel to the UK required from time to time. Responsible for all site aspects of small to medium sized steel projects with an indicative value of between €250,000 – €1m. The work covers bridge to portal frame installations in Ireland and the UK.
- Day to Day management of various projects – direction and co-ordination of all site activities carried out by the company and its sub-contractors, with particular focus on health and safety, planning, programming and co-ordination with the company’s off-site activities.
- On-site management and control of the company’s site operations, both of in-house and sub- contracted activities
- Day-to-day monitoring, recording and documentation of the company’s site activities including compilation of site progress reports
- Preparation of risk assessments, method statements, site programmes and weekly tracker reports.
- Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases.
- Overseeing various projects concurrently.
- Ensure senior management are kept updated with site progress and commercial issues.
- Travel to the UK will be required.
- 3rd level Qualification in structural/civil/mechanical engineering with knowledge of the steel industry. Candidate with suitable industry experience will be considered. This role offers excellent advancement opportunities.
- Strong knowledge of steel construction methods with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management role.
- Experience in the planning and programming of steel work (and associated packages) installation an advantage
- Experience in the erection of the steel structures and operations.
- The ability to prioritise multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality and budgetary constraints.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages. Working knowledge of BIM packages such as Tekla and StruWalker an advantage.