We are currently assisting a growing civil engineering contractor with their recruitment, most notably a Senior Engineer / Project Manager to lead works in Co Galway. The company in question is a specialist in water & utilities projects and have recently won tender for numerous large projects in the West of Ireland. They specifically require an experienced individual or PM with strong knowledge of water projects. This role is permanent and would suit a Senior Engineer looking to step up into a management position.
- Develop risk assessments & method statements
- Monitor work in accordance with specification & regulations.
- Overseeing a team of Engineers
- Supervision of site works in line with health & safety policy.
- Maintain records of labour, plant and site activities.
- Detailed knowledge of setting out procedures and engineering principles.
- Competent in the use of instruments for purposes of setting out and gathering information
- Consolidate a reputation for innovative engineering, technical expertise and professionalism.
- Ensure all technical information is available when required for the delivery of design and/or construction.
- Liaise with design team as necessary.
- Co-ordinate, direct and manage sub-contractors and suppliers as required by the project programme.
- Degree educated in Civil Engineering or related field
- 3+ years in similar role on water or utility projects
- Candidate from Senior Engineer background (5+ years experience)
- Knowledgeable and confident in dealing with clients, stakeholders and project teams
- Excellent programming and reporting skills
- Highly computer literate in relevant tools, including MS Office, project programming & analysis tools